Following a traumatic severe asthma attack in front of
her 4 very small kids, Gabi Rose made a conscious
decision to reclaim her life from morbid obesity
in 2005 and become a positive role model for her
husband and four young children.
About Gabi Rose
Gabi is an international obesity, nutrition, wellness, and weight loss expert. She was the host and co-producer of the Get Fit Club, a one-of-a-kind reality series seen across the internet on ABC local10.com. Gabi is the Chief Executive Officer of Gabi Rose, LLC and creator of “Get Fit with Gabi Rose, Inc”, an exciting innovative lifestyle methodology to health and wellness. Best known as an avant-garde lifestyle coach, Gabi has extensive training in the science of nutrition and weight loss. She coined the phrase Eat to Live and Don’t Live to Eat. In 2009, she teamed up with an internal medicine doctor – whose medical practice she has been administering since 1994.
Gabi Rose the author of Trapped Between Heaven and Earth, a novel documenting her encounter
with many near-death experiences from COVID-19 in front of Gods loving presence.
A Family Effort
Gabi Rose suffered with weight problems for more than a decade before she led her family on a weight-loss journey. In 2004, the year this photo was taken, she weighed 298 pounds.Read News
Life Lessons: Gabi Rose
Gabi Rose is an international obesity and weight loss expert. Best known as an avant-garde lifestyle coach, Gabi has extensive training in the science of nutrition and weight loss.Read News
Gabi was determined to change her lifestyle and adopt a much healthier routine. She not only used proper nutritional counseling
and exercise, but she embraced a complete lifestyle change, leading to her dramatic 130-pound loss.
Holiday Survival Tips By Gabi Rose
In research published recently in the journal Behavior Research and Therapy, doctors found that dieters who tried to control their appetites using avoidance strategies were at greater risk for overeating than those who developed coping skills to control their overeating.
1. Make a list of every good reason why you want to work out and make a plan for yourself. Draw up that plan in the form of a contract and sign it. It is your responsibility to read that contract every morning to yourself before you do anything else. In this plan it is important to elaborate on why it is imperative to you to stay healthy and put certain foods down. It is important to understand what food means to you and why you choose to eat certain holiday foods.
2. People who feel “ready” to lose weight are more likely to succeed at it.( evidence suggests that first defining “readiness” doesn’t predict weight loss or help to make it more likely to happen.)
3. Notice what is in your head and always be mindful of what is on your plate and how it will help or hurt you in your lifestyle efforts.
4. Small changes in how much you eat and/or exercise will result in large, long-term weight changes. (as weight is lost, it takes increasingly more exercise and fewer calories to keep the weight off.)
5. Make a list of what is real food and what is manufactured foodstuff before putting anything in your mouth. Differentiate the difference between the two. Only eat the real food.
6. Don’t be afraid to say NO, over and over again. Once NO becomes part of your food vocabulary it will put your friends on notice that you will not be eating everything that is put on your plate anymore. Do not feel compelled to explain the reasons you are saying No, Just say it,believe it, and live it!
7. Maintain Realistic weight-loss goals during the holidays and that will keep you motivated.
8. Pick things to do during the holiday season that will keep you moving and staying active. Activity throughout the day goes a lot further than a hard hour at the gym.